I’ve had fun with my Author Spotlight series. I’ve made some good friends, learned a lot, and have discovered some interesting books.
I announced the series just over four months ago, and have had some fabulous entries since then. If you missed any, here’s the full list:
- CC Adams – Horror and Dark Fiction
- Sonya Jesus – Romance and Suspense
- Amy Ward – Young Adult Distopian
- Christopher Kokoski – Suspense and Reference
- Subhan Mohammad – Horror
- David Tatum – Fantasy
- Michael Schutz – Horror
- J. S. Frankel – Young Adult Science Fiction and Suspense
- Virginia Alison – Erotica
- Andi Lawrencovna – Fantasy
- Vanessa M. Thibeault – Romance
- Lea Carter – Young Adult Fantasy
- Jeremy Davies – Children’s Books
- Simon Williams – Memoir
- Jennifer Geoghan – Romance
- Josh Matthews – Dark Fantasy
- Mystkue – Spirituality
- Annette Bentley Smith – Children’s Books
- Joseph J. Madden – Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Janie St. Clair – Science Fiction
- Kimberly Snell – Faith and Fitness
- Pen W. – Multiple Genres
- C L Barber – Fantasy
- Jean Ecrivain – Erotica
- Beth Hudson – Fantasy
- Debbie Manber Kupfer – Multiple Genres
- Susan Schwartz – Horror
- K. J. Taylor – Fantasy
- S. L. Perrine – Multiple Genres
- Edd Sowder – VP, Burning Willow Press
Finishing the series doesn’t mean I’m going to stop doing spotlights entirely, they just won’t be a regular thing. I’d like to take more time with each spotlight in the future to really personalize them. One thing I don’t want to change, though, is asking “different” questions.
A lot of the authors I profiled mentioned that my questions were new and different. They weren’t things they’d been asked before, and I’m really happy about that. It’s what I was trying to do. I hope they didn’t get boring for the readers, either.
While I’m comfortable ending the series, I have to admit, it means the pressure’s on for coming up with blog content. The spotlights meant I had plenty of content to publish, and now I’ll have to come up with stuff regularly on my own again. As such, I may not post as often for a while, until I get back into that flow. I hope you don’t mind.
Anyway, if you enjoyed the spotlights, drop me a comment and let me know. If you’ve got suggestions, leave those in the comments as well. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.