I found this one on Cooking Con Claudia’s YouTube channel as well. The recipe is slightly modified from her video How To Make The Best Watermelon and Cucumber Agua Fresca.
For those unfamiliar with Agua Fresca, think of it like lemonade but with other fruits. You mix the fruit juice(s) with water to get a refreshing drink.
What You Need
- 1 Ripe Seedless Watermelon
- 1 Large English Cucumber
- 2-3 Lemons
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- Pitcher or container for storage
How to Make It
- “Peel” and chunk watermelon and cucumber.
- Juice lemons. You need about ½ cup of lemon juice.
- Blend the cucumber, lemon juice, as much of the watermelon as will fit in your blender, and some of the water until smooth. Pour mixture into pitcher/container.
NOTE: Claudio strains the blended mixture to remove the pulp (see step 4 of the Cucumber and Lime Agua Fresca post). However, I prefer the juice with the pulp and leave it in.
- Blend the remaining watermelon and water and the sugar until smooth. Pour into pitcher/container.
- Mix well and serve over ice or let chill in the refrigerator before serving.