Last updated on December 6, 2022
Hello, welcome to the first post of 25 Days of Dupes 2022. Below you’ll find the inks for days 1-4. If you have a suggestion for a possible dupe, let me know in the comments, and I’ll add it to the wrap up post.
- The first image for each ink shows the inkvent ink and what I feel is the best match, swatched on Tomoe River paper.
- The second image for each ink shows the inkvent ink and the different inks I tried matching it to, swatched on Iroful paper.
- I swatched ink with a small paintbrush, and wrote with a Zebra G dip nib in the first image.
- I can’t guarantee that the color you see on your screen will be true to life. However, with all the dupes on the same page, you’ll see how the colors look in relation to each other, which is the main point of these posts.
- I’m not attempting to dupe the special properties of the inks (sheen, shimmer, scent).
Enjoy, and happy inking!
Day 1: Bliss
Bliss is a standard ink; it’s a turquoise we’ve all seen a million times. It was fairly easy to dupe out, with all of the inks I tested serving as great matches. Diamine Aqua Lagoon only slightly wins out.
Day 2: Yule Log
Yule Log is a shimmer ink; it’s brown with a rose gold shimmer. The best match I found was J. Herbin Lie de The, although it isn’t perfect. However, I doubt you’d notice the different in actual writing. None of the other colors I tested even came close.
Day 3: Solar Storm
Solar Storm is one of the new “formulas,” a chameleon ink; it’s a blue leaning toward purple with blueish-gold shimmer. The idea is that the shimmer is duochrome, where it looks different depending on the angle at which you view it. To be honest, though, I don’t really see the duochrome effect in the swatches or writing.
Disappointingly, Diamine Storm (2021 Inkvent) is a near-perfect match, despite looking rather different in the photo (below left). I’ve also provided an edited version (below right) so you can see roughly how it looks in real life. Sailor Ink Studio 343 and Diamine Night Shade (2021 Inkvent) are fairly similar as well.
Day 4: Spruce
Spruce is another new “formula,” a scented ink; it’s a teal ink with a fuchsia sheen. Diamine Holly (2019 Inkvent) is a near-perfect match. Honestly, though, all three colors I tested match pretty well. I’m fairly certain Diamine November Rain would also match perfectly, but I couldn’t find a sample to test it.
Thanks for reading to the end, I hope you enjoyed my post. What do you think of this week’s colors and dupes? Are there any you’ll want to get later, or do you already have some of the dupe inks? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear from you.
Make sure to subscribe to my blog or follow me on Instagram so you don’t miss any posts. I generally post at least once a week.