I found this one on Cooking Con Claudia’s YouTube channel as well. The recipe is slightly modified from her video Easy and Delicious Tres Leches Cake. Pastel de Tres Leches literally translates to cake of three milks. It’s one of my favorite desserts.
What You Need
- 1 Box vanilla cake mix (+ required ingredients to make cake and 1 tbsp Mexican Vanilla Blend. You can substitute regular vanilla extract)
- 1 16oz container of half and half
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 16oz (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tbsps sugar
- 1 tbsp Mexican Vanilla Blend (You can substitute regular vanilla extract)
- Ground cinnamon
- Cake pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand or stand mixer
How to Make It
- Prepare cake as directed on package, adding the tbsp of Mexican Vanilla Blend to the mix. Allow to cool for 45 minutes to 1 hour after baking.
- Remove the top “crust” as thinly as possible. You want to expose the “cakey” interior so that the milks can soak into the cake. Refer to Claudia’s video if you have questions.
- With a fork, pierce the top of the cake all over to allow the milks to soak in completely.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and half and half, then pour over the cake.
- Cover with foil and let chill overnight. This is very important.
- Whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla to your desired consistency. Cover the top of the cake with whipped cream.
- Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top.