Last updated on December 6, 2022
Hello, welcome to the second post of 25 Days of Dupes 2022. Below you’ll find the inks for days 5-11. If you have a suggestion for a possible dupe, let me know in the comments, and I’ll add it to the wrap up post.
- The first image for each ink shows the inkvent ink and what I feel is the best match, swatched on Tomoe River paper.
- The second image for each ink shows the inkvent ink and the different inks I tried matching it to, swatched on Iroful paper.
- I swatched ink with a small paintbrush, and wrote with a Zebra G dip nib in the first image.
- I can’t guarantee that the color you see on your screen will be true to life. However, with all the dupes on the same page, you’ll see how the colors look in relation to each other, which is the main point of these posts.
- I’m not attempting to dupe the special properties of the inks (sheen, shimmer, scent).
Enjoy, and happy inking!
Day 5: Spiced Apple
Spiced Apple is another one of the new “formulas,” a chameleon ink; it’s an apple red with green-gold to blue shimmer. I can actually see the duochrome effect in the swatch this time, but not in the writing. Diamine Poinsettia (2019 Inkvent) is a near-perfect match. That’s three previous inkvent inks now, if you’re keeping track.
Day 6: Ghost
Ghost is a “standard” ink, but it’s actually a multishader; it has pink and blue in the gray. Vinta Inks Armada is virtually identical.
Day 7: Alpine
Alpine is a shimmer ink; it’s a deep, desaturated green with silver shimmer. J. Herbin Vert Empire is a near-perfect match.
Day 8: Jingle Berry
Jingle Berry is a standard ink; it’s an almost-fuchsia. The best match I found is Vinta Inks La Union. La Union is slightly less purple than Jingle Berry.
Day 9: Cardinal
Cardinal is a standard ink; it’s a true red. There are several perfect matches to it, but I chose Diamine Ho Ho Ho (2019 Inkvent) as the best match to point out that it’s another dupe for a previous Inkvent ink.
Day 10: Dusted Truffle
Dusted Truffle is a shimmer ink; it’s a pale grayish-brown with silver shimmer. Montblanc Swan Illusion is a near-perfect match.
Day 11: Appletini
Appletini is a standard ink; it’s a bright lime green. Diamine Kelly Green is virtually identical, but shades to a slightly darker color.
Thanks for reading to the end, I hope you enjoyed my post. What do you think of this week’s colors and dupes? Are there any you’ll want to get later, or do you already have some of the dupe inks? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear from you.